Search engine’s calendar tool crashes
Whether you get access to Google Calendar via an Android device or Google Drive on your PC, you would have noticed something peculiar yesterday.
An error message or two.
Yes, even the greatest of websites and online businesses can be prone to outages. Even The Mighty Google or any of its associated sites like YouTube. Also the infamous 404 Not Found error message or the 500 error message, Internal Server Error.
Yesterday, Google Calendar was down for nearly five hours. On the Apps Status Dashboard, the fault was identified at 1447 hours before being resolved by 1936 hours. At 1633, the app was restored to a small number of users. According to the Bustle website, Google Hangouts was also affected.
The outage had left many users up the creek without a paddle, and a fair few made their feelings known on other social networking sites. Especially Twitter.
— Joshua Johnson (@mrjtweeter) June 30, 2016
— Tony Hellenbrand (@TonyHellenbrand) June 30, 2016
— Michael Loiacono (@TheGreatMikesby) June 30, 2016
On YouTube, the design agency Candeo Creative, made a short clip on trying to cope without Google Calendar.
Twelve calendar based tunes.
- The Calendar Song, Trinidad Oil Company (1975);
- Days, The Kinks (1968);
- Let’s Do The Timewarp Again, Damian (1989);
- Time (Clock of My Heart), Culture Club (1982);
- January, Pilot (1975);
- January February, Barbara Dickson (1980);
- Counting Out Time, Genesis (1974);
- Friday I’m In Love, The Cure (1992);
- (December ‘63) Oh What a Night, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons (1976);
- Calendar Girl, Neil Sedaka (1961);
- September, Earth Wind and Fire (1978);
- Manic Monday, The Bangles (1986).
Net66, 01 July 2016